Monday, February 14, 2011

Tattoo, Burts Bees Wax

Family of the year, the show

I've already talked about the group California Family of the Year. Well I had the chance to see their first concert in France last Friday to leather goods.




When I arrive, there are a lot of people when the concert starts at more than 1 hour! This means they are expected by the Parisian public. Too bad I could not see the first part, provided by Budam, singer and pianist as talented as dramatic. I manage to place first overall (in elbowing), and the concert begins stack at the time. The group begins with a song I like most: Stairs, beginning as a folk romantic stroll and graduate to the tune of drums, in concert at least.





The public is slow to thaw despite calls and Sebastian Keefe Joseph Keefe, the singer and lead guitarist drummer, who are brothers, respectively. Some men declare their love out loud between songs for the keyboardist and the only woman in the group, Christina Schroeter. The songs keep coming, Joseph juggles his folk guitar and electric guitar, sometimes surprisingly putting himself to the frenzied solos Jimmy Page. Sebastian himself, rages on drums and gives everything he has and I can say that the result is electric.
And at that moment, the first notes of gold Like Psyche Scope resonate. The public, until there was enough slack, falls into a kind of collective trance. Including me, I confess (Hysteria is my thing). Same reaction for Castoff and The Barn. These are the three songs the most independent-pop and "electro" album.






The two brothers then leave from the other 2 members of the group, and start an acoustic song, sweet and beautiful. The last song is near, and I try to make the most of this concert full of energy. And enough to give me.






0 comments:

Post a Comment