Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Mermaid Dress With Bustle

The last english rose.

few weeks ago, I did not know, or at least somewhat, PJ Harvey. "This Is Love" at the limit, and again. Then I read an article about her in Vogue, without really paying attention. And I heard one of his songs on the radio, and I was a bit challenged. Soon, everyone began talking about her as if she was the 8th wonder of the world. At that time, I started doing my research on Polly Jean Harvey. After listening to his albums, I wondered how I rock fan, I could miss such a marvel.




The album that I liked most is Uh Her Hue it provides everything, really everything. It's rather minimalist rock, bleak times like the song Shame, or even pretty country-folk on No Child of Mine. It is a chameleon universe that I love and that's what might be termed PJ Harvey: A chameleon, assertive and independent. Of course, I would not draw the wrath of "experts" who say that this is not all that and I'd better keep my mouth shut instead of talking nonsense, but that's how I 'I felt.





If I mention this today is that I listened to her new album "Let england shake.
And I was almost surprised. Despite my "no knowledge", I really felt that this album was different precedents. Less dark, less messages, more melancholic and soothing.
What's funny is that me as the biggest fans have noticed the same thing: PJ Harvey is now serene. Looks like she has "abandoned" the rock & roll, the pure, hard, and she turned to indie-pop, much more calm and appropriate. And worse, or better, I do not know is that it suits him well, and no spoilsport will not intervene in the march towards peace by PJ Harvey and quiet strength.





0 comments:

Post a Comment