Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Company's Aniversary Speach Sample

Tommy - 2011

In late 2008, Tommy was presented to you. He announced he was not like you and others learned more about him and how to have fun together.

By early this year, we make a grant application to pay the very expensive private services for the son. I found so interesting that Tommy comes to you, 2 years later. This presentation will be forwarded to the Foundation for the grant application.



Hello,



My name is Tommy. I have 4 ½ years.


In September this year I start school. I'd love to tell you that I can not wait, but I am a child "like no other" and I do not even know what to expect in the coming months.


I'm autistic.


When my parents found my diagnosis I had a little over 2 years. I did not speak, je n’avais aucune réaction à leur absence pas plus qu’à leur arrivée. Je passais la plus grosse partie de mes journées à tourner autour des objets, faire tourner les objets sur eux-mêmes ou aligner des choses. Mon contact visuel était à peu près absent, mon alimentation très limitée et je ne comprenais aucunes consignes simples.


Malgré tout, mes parents connaissaient bien mes plaisirs et réussissaient à jouer avec moi, à ma façon. Je suis un enfant rieur et toujours souriant. J’adore jouer aux coucous, me faire chatouiller, sauter. Mes parents savent aussi que j’ai mes intérêts bien à moi, especially the numbers and letters.


Since September 2009 I am receiving special education services from the center of intellectual disability rehabilitation. My parents could not wait to get help to relieve some of their daily life and help me develop. Of course, they knew that the service offered by the center sometimes has its limits, but they had much hope.


With my education I learned several things. Now I can understand simple directions if I'm in an environment without external stimuli. I work with hours in pictures to be more independent in everyday life. The teachers taught me to drink by the glass, dress, understand that I can pee in the toilet, say hello to the arrival of a person, understand instructions, make simple games like the memory game.


I am a child a bit peculiar. I'm autistic, I am flooded in my daily life and spend my days doing what is called "stimming." I look at the output ceiling fans, I spent part of my day to turn around things, table, car outside. I can walk hand in front of the face and spend hours going around the house. I also still has a small child, when I finish a meal I throw the seeds one after another on the floor. I throw objects behind the couch, the stairs. Outside the summer I can enjoy watching the sand slip through my fingers and I could spend the day without my tan.


Yet I know lots of things. At 2 years I knew my alphabet in English and French. I could count to 10. When educators have begun to work with me they were impressed with my knowledge. I already knew about animals, colors, shapes. I also know several objects in my environment. There was much hope to develop my language because I also interest in singing, I hear a song by heart quickly, and I also do a lot of echolalia.


There are now over a year I receive IBI services to the public and stakeholders in my file are not sure where to head on some of my difficulties. I have a great potential, incredible knowledge, but I am "taken" somewhere and you can not find the exit door.


For example, we tried to show me new things to eat. I accepted the job as a game that offered me, but I do not understand the purpose, I do not know you want me to eat new foods. My teacher was very proud for making me eat apples, I even seem to like it, but for me it's still a "work" an obligation, my head can not make the association that the apple can be a food that I eating for pleasure when I'm hungry. Hunger and thirst are not very practical for me. If I'm thirsty I ask "I want to drink milk," I do not really know that I can choose for pleasure.


Currently I'm trying to learn to speak. It is not easy, I know more words, more verbs, but I can not form sentences by myself. I learn by heart the key phrases in my daily life. It's hard for me, the day I take several things to mom but I can not and it hurts me.


My understanding simple instructions right now. By cons if I'm in a challenging environment you can forget. I shall not succeed to execute a simple instruction like "just sit" without a visual or a person who directs me. The mere sound of a dryer can help me concentrate, and I become completely unavailable when I was a little cold, even if only a runny nose.


public outings are very dangerous for me, I digress because I'm distracted by my environment, je ne sais pas que je dois regarder en avant quand je marche et je me blesse parfois si mes parents n’ont pas été assez attentifs. Quand on sort ils doivent être ma tête et mes yeux. Dans les endroits publics je sors avec un harnais. Je ne suis pas conscient du danger. Mes parents se sont aussi procurés des alarmes permettant de m’entendre si je m’éloigne hors de leur vue. Ma maman dit de moi que je suis comme un fantôme. Je disparais sans crier gare et comme je ne réponds pas à mon nom, vous ne me retrouverez pas si facilement. Même la personne la plus vigilante pourrait me perdre de vue, comme cette été lorsque j'ai disparu plus d'une quinzaine de minutes dans un endroit qui aurait pu m'être fatal. Fortunately I was found safe and sound and my parents will be even more careful.


My brain does not associations as you do naturally. I find myself outside, walking in rocks without shoes. I can not associate that I could put on their shoes to make it more comfortable. If I'm cold I can not ask that warms me, I could have his hands completely frozen and I could only cry to indicate my discomfort. Enter a restaurant does not tell me that there is to eat.


My parents and I are very fond of my teachers. It'sa lot of fun with them, against them by their terms will end soon with me. Indeed, from school age, my parents and I are left to ourselves, yet I still have much to learn if I want to someday be a bit more independent and have an easier life. I'm a little boy happy and smiling, it's hard to cross the day without really knowing what is expected of me, without understanding what is happening around and what is my role. Sometimes a single output drive makes me cry if we miss a place I know, because I do not really know where it leads. It makes me much trouble.


So my mom decided to approach the private sector to me. She found, by reference, a special education teacher who was trained by a high-level autism, a person who understands how it goes in my head. My parents want to give me every opportunity to be able to develop myself and believe that it is the ideal time, while I still have my home educators, to develop the service that they will take notes at the end of their mandate.


I'd like in a year, you can rewrite, and tell you all the progress we have hope that I accomplish with this extra help.

0 comments:

Post a Comment